Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Architectural Record


Architectural Record is a real magazine, but my task was to redesign it. I had to produce a title graphic, cover page, main spread, table of contents, letters to the editor page, a special page and the mail-in inserts. For the title, I used a compass for the A and did everything in a blueprint style. I originally was going to use the default blue blueprint paper for the background, but realized there was also black blueprint paper and that the white title would show up better that way. I incorporated the graph lines from the title all throughout the magazine. The blueprint paper style was also incorporated throughout, but for the inside, blue blueprint was used. Here, I show the cover page, the main spread and my alternate title graphics.

No comments:

Post a Comment